A few posts ago you saw a snippet of my idea for ‘The Quilt Project’. Since then there has been a lot of preparing and red stitching going on.
After selecting which sketches to go with I arranged them in some kind of order and drew them in a more identifiable state! This was then scanned and enlarged to the right size before being transferred onto the supplied calico.
This is the first time I've used carbon transfer paper for embroidery. It's amazing. So much easier than this tracing paper method I once used. Actually my old method was how I started my quilt project piece but finding it a little difficult I went searching for the carbon paper which, I ended up finding at Eckersleys. Other craft stores had some but it seems the darker shades are popular and they only had white and yellow paper left... not so good for calico!
Anyway, this is how things are looking. LOTS more to go. I think I got a bit ambitious with my design forgetting how long it actually takes for an amateur to stitch!!
Good timing - yesterday spotted via the WhipUp newsletter was a handy Pocket Stitch Book posted over at SewMamaSew. Perfect for me, I'm pretty new at embroidering, having only learned 'properly' at Brown Owls last year. Prior to that I completely made up what I was doing. Still fun.
Happy stitching if you're doing some!