meanwhile on instagram...

I am still in a slightly reflective mood today so I thought I'd share some Instagram snaps with you from over the Christmas and new years break.

One of the things I learned last year was how the thoughts we choose to have impact the way we experience life. Get out of town! You mean we can choose our thoughts?! Yep. Being mindful of my own thoughts is still a work-in-progress but this year I choose to be more deliberate of good thoughts in an effort to be kinder to myself, enjoy the simple things and to take less for granted.

“Our life is what our thoughts make it.” Marcus Aurelius, Meditations 

And for me Instagram is a good visual reminder of some wonderful things I'm grateful for.
 
I turned another year older and one of my gifts included yummy spices that I made damper with. A birthday dinner at Mirka's restaurant in St Kilda which had forever been on my 'one-day-I-must' list.
 
 A birthday afternoon with my older brother at Heidi, my favourite way place to spend a birthday. Home made sauces (by my husband) made with home grown veggies from my Dad's and my younger brother's gardens.
 
Flying home from an incredible few days in Tassie. As much as I hate flying it fascinates me. A giant Tassie freckle, what more can be said.

Road trips home. A tin full of war-time treasures from my Dad's dad - pencil refills and uniform buttons and badges. 

Birthday flowers. I can't remember the last time I got to spend my Mum's birthday with her. Last year I was lucky enough to, it was also her 60th and Dad organised a surprise dinner with friends. A train ride across the state, slow and relaxing.

Instagram feeds keeping me cheery at the moment include;
 
Lara Cameron's Nepal adventure!

Out of this world talents by Bec Winnel
Dabs and Myla whose work always makes me smile,

so does the humourous Husk Mit Navn
Community Service Announcements from Jeremyville

What are some of your favourite Instagram feeds?


1 comment:

Mia said...

Nice philosophy! Nice photos!
I totally have to get onto this instagram thing...am I the only one not? Sad to say I'm still using an ancient Nokia (doesn't even have a camera) till the contract ends in June...till then I guess I'm stuck in the last century... :)