the quilt!

As mentioned in the below post Friday night I headed to the Abbotsford Convent to take a look at The Quilt Project which was on display as a whole for the first time.

A huge thanks to Kirst who made it a wonderful night with drinks and nibbles, many in the theme of red - very cute. As for the presentation of the 66 squares Kirsty made the most amazing giant size bed complete with sweet little bedside tables topped with red 'things'. So thoughtful and such an amazing effort! It has been such a pleasure to have been part of this project. I'd like to thank Kirsty and all who participated for making it what it was. Special.

this square from two little buttons caught my eye - so adorable!

For much clearer photos and more info about this project head to thequiltproject.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Steph Bowe said...

oh! pretty. Love the quilt.
I'm pretty sure I've been to that convent. They do markets, right?

Gina said...

It was amazing to see. Such a shame I didn't actually meet you on the night! I adored your square...

Lightning Heart said...

oh how lovely! my mum is an avid quilter and i made one when i was younger :) i love quilts

Kylie said...

Isn't it all just so wonderful?! I love it. Thanks for showing more pics. K

Kirsty said...

Thank YOU Evie for being part of it & for coming along on Friday night.