in progress - part 3

So on with the show I go, with parts 1 and 2 complete stage 3 calls for a little hand stitching. Firstly I pin together the parts I wanted to stitch and pick out the colours of floss I want to use.

For these softies I've decided to hand stitch little elbow patches on the arms, braces and pockets on the pants, some detailing on their hair and embroider their faces.

Stitching the fabric pieces together is quite straight forward, I use mostly running stitch as I wish to keep the look quite naive and carefree. The faces take a little more work.

For the faces I get out more tracing paper and trace over the final full size picture I drew to create the pattern pieces from. I pin this down to the uncut piece of body material and then begin to stitch over the lines on the tracing paper, taking the needle through the paper and material.

Continuing until complete I then remove the paper.

For softie #1 I have a felt mustache to stitch down. Then to finish embroidering the face of softie #2 before things get a bit more exciting and take on more shape! Stay tuned...

8 comments:

Julie adore said...

Très beau homme en perspective !

Kirsty said...

Beautiful, beautiful work.

Christina Lowry said...

Love the way they are coming along! What softie doesn't love a bit of hand stitching? :)

bex said...

the faces look great well done!!

Angela said...

I can't WAIT!!! I love your work!!

Danielle said...

these are looking great. u are a busy little crafter xo

Bek said...

These are looking very handsome indeed. It has been really interesting to see your process here!

M* (Melanie) said...

These are great! such beautiful detail