market news

Yesterday was a public holiday here in Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup, a horse race. It was also a humid, misty, stormy day perfect for spending indoors making. So that's what I did. The sound of rain accompanied by the occasional lighting show and good coffee was all I needed to keep me going. I started work on colourful, hand painted faces that will be available at a couple of local markets I'm doing in December. One market is Craft Hatch on Saturday 1 December where I'll be sharing a stand with the lovely Jess. This will only be my second market so I'm very happy to be sharing a stand with Jess. Participating in markets can be a little daunting no?! 

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Yes, I agree. I have only participated in one market when I was in the height of my doll making prowess and found it really confronting. I couldn't believe how some people seemed to detach me from the making process in terms of the things they said in front of me. I also find markets sometimes daunting to attend as I easily put myself in someone elses shoes and feel bad if I look and don't buy!

Victoria said...

Yes, I agree. I have only participated in one market when I was in the height of my doll making prowess and found it really confronting. I couldn't believe how some people seemed to detach me from the making process in terms of the things they said in front of me. I also find markets sometimes daunting to attend as I easily put myself in someone elses shoes and feel bad if I look and don't buy!

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy the spectacular storms, we had them just before you and I was quite excited to see all the lightning (got some not amazing photos on my blog). I'm too nervous to do a craft market. There just aren't enough of them in Adelaide, although it's getting better I'm told. Your faces are so cute, I'm sure they will be a big hit!

ShazamBangles said...

Cool faces!