design depot

Last Thursday was my Think it! Draw it! Stitch it! workshop at Harvest as part of Design Depot. I can happily say, I survived and had a wonderful day with everyone who attended. Lots of amazing little creatures were made — zombies, owls, crazed rabbits, bandit bunnies, penguins, baseballs to name a few. Unfortunately I didn't get photos of them all, I just didn't have the chance. Maybe keep an eye on the Harvest blog for extra snaps, thanks to Jess. Actually I'd like to send a big thanks to Jess, from Harvest, for all of your help on the day. You're awesome! Hopefully amongst the chaos some imaginations were sparked and hand stitching skills learned. I know the day taught me a thing or two and for me, to keep learning equals a good thing.

Happy Easter Sunday folks! 

I hope you are enjoying some relaxing, hot cross bun eating times with family and friends.

x

4 comments:

Melissa G said...

The dolls are cute. One of the things that I miss about childhood is the pleasure in creating something and not worrying about the inperfections. I need to be more like that with my art and craft.

mandarinux said...

The puppets are sooooo cute!
Our favourite is the bandit bunnie

:)

Happy weekend

Sandra Eterovic said...

Oh wow! Wish I had been there too! Glad you enjoyed yourself and got something out of it -- I think that being able to teach is a very admirable quality!!

Thank you soooo much for your Etsy comment Mrs Evie. It was so nice to see your lovely familiar face in that daunting -- but delightful! -- crowd. :)

Mia said...

What awesome results! I absolutely LOVE what kids come up with. No adult can replicate the innocence that finds it's way into their handiwork. Guaranteed to make me smile. Thanks for sharing!