average to awesome

Today started off like any average working day, then a few good events along the way turned it in to a pretty friggin' awesome one! 

The good bits went something like this;
Found a forgotten 2 bucks in my coat pocket. Extra coinage for morning coffee - bonus!
The husbie to be turned up at work unannounced with a cupcake in hand after finding out I hadn't celebrated my 2 year blog anniversary by eating cake, like I mentioned below. Sweet! I knew there was a reason I was marrying this guy!
A sneaky, yet very lovely office roomie had a hand in this. Needless to say I was stoked. Who'd have thought a shabby bearded bloke would end up on oh-so-pretty, Michi Girl!
And tonight I got news a family member who is unwell is responding to treatment. More hope for a full recovery! YAY!!

How was your day?

Oh and I'd like to say a big thanks to everyone who has commented below. Some really good constructive suggestions. I am listening. And I always like it when new names pop up in the comments because then I get to discover wonderful places I may not have visited yet. So, please don't be shy leave a comment I'd love to visit you! (And if you comment on the post below you could WIN!)

9 comments:

Mad Men Girl said...

Calling all Mad Men fans!

I have entered a contest to win a walk-on role on the retro-licious show "Mad Men".

If you would take two seconds to vote for me, I would really appreciate it. Just go to my blog, or use this link to go straight to my photo page.

http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EZ3MBH

Thanks a bunch!

Jaclyn said...

sounds like a pretty swell day all around!

teddybearswednesday said...

$2 and a cupcake ( and visit from lovely jake) so happy the day got better and not the other way around. xo

Penny (Pocket Carnival) said...

Ooh yay Michi Girl! And yay for your family member :)

I want that cupcake!

conversationpieces said...

Yay for hubbies-to-be with cupcakes... that's so sweet of him :)

JenMeister said...

Love the Michi feature! While not quite as exciting, I featured one of your bearded men in a collaged ATC :D http://www.jenmeister.com/2010/07/bearded-man-atc.html

Hip hip hooray for lovely cupcakes.

CHECKS AND SPOTS said...

unannounced cupcakes?! that boy's a keeper!!
was so excited to see one of your bearded blokes on michi...
x

rina said...

A sweet day you have there and I know I am late in commenting but just wanna do it. Will be following your blog! :)

thea said...

aaaaaaw, I would say 'marry him!' if you weren't already... ;) xx

thea.
xx

spoonful