hand dyeing

A couple of days ago I was randomly searching Google, as you do, with the words 'hand dyeing'. I don't know exactly what I was looking for but I did come across this wonderful link to Shabd's gorgeous, hand dyed clothing.
images from here

Along the windy search I also came across an old Refinery 29 DIY Tutorial, by Catlin Mociun using a potato stamp and a cheap dress! The end result looks fab. So simple too.
image from here

Then today I spotted another potato stamp tutorial over on Design*Sponge by the lovely Lotta Jansdotter. Did you see it? Such a cute tote she made from fabric stamped with her 3 year old son.

Hmm I wonder if we need those potatoes...?

6 comments:

and flowers pick themselves said...

gorgeous + creative. thanks for sharing :)

xo Alison

mama bear said...

I love Shabd's clothes, so beautiful.

Thanks for the tutorial – it's awesome! I might try it on a tee shirt and see how I go.

(Where do you get an AA dress for $25? Not here!!)

becka said...

Oh, those dresses are amazing!! I've been meaning to do some potato printing for awhile now, perhaps I'll get on that this week! There's also an arts center near my place that is doing a workshop on tiedye and batik that I'm hoping to take, hooray for hand printed fabrics!

E R I N said...

ooooooh i'm all inspired to print more stuff now! those outfits are gorgeous....xx

Kylie said...

Just LOVE it all - how inspiring. Thanks Evie :) Kx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your lovely comment. x

These are really wonderful, I love those potato stamp triangles.