dance like your old man




Yesterday afternoon ABC1 here in Australia screened a local, short film titled, 'Dance Like Your Old Man', directed by
Gideon Obarzanek & Edwina Throsby, this documentary style film is sweet and funny with a touch of sadness. First half above, second half can be seen here.

Six women interpret their fathers dance moves and talk about thier relationship with their father. Screened at Flickerfest and other short film festivals last year, however if you haven't seen it and like me enjoy a bit of interpretive dance, this should definitely give you a giggle or two.


How does your Dad dance?

My Dad's style always incorporates the twist, with a very stiff back and action packed leg movements! I haven't seen him dance in years but it always made me laugh, which I think he enjoyed, like he was entertaining us, lucky he didn't take his moves too seriously.

6 comments:

Shazam Bangles said...

My dad's a pointer. Sometimes he also mutters a bit of a "doo bee doo".

Danielle said...

Your dad sounds gorgeous xo

Farah said...

That was a funny vid. my dad tries dancing but it just cracks me up all the time.

teddybearswednesday said...

My dad's a bit like yours never takes himself too seriously, and loves to entertain us. He's a far out dancer and someway he totally can't dance, but he puts himself so into it that I think he is a fantastic dancer. It's hard to describe, just imagine someone who can't dance, going for it totally. Limbs are everywhere, head is all over the place. He once did a somersault and some break dancing at a wedding. He really rocks.

vermiljoen said...

My dad's not much of a dancer. He's a very no-nonsense scientist, but at weddings, when he's getting a little drunk, he always asks me to dance, a slow, an de then he's silently singing along. Quiet touchy I have to say

Unknown said...

lol thats my sister in the video